The Bag Factory is looking for a dynamic aspiring curator to participate in our Curatorial Development Programme. We want to provide the aspiring curator with an opportunity to understand the end-to-end production of the exhibition process.
The selected participant will be expected to work with professional curators to hone their proposal, select artists to participate on the exhibition, monitor the production of work, market and drive publicity for the artists and exhibition, price the works, hang the exhibition and finally make sales.
The programme will be five months long starting 1 November 2018
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
1. Someone who is passionate about the arts and exhibitions
2. You must have access to a computer, cellphone
3. You must have the ability to get around the city
4. You must commit to a minimum of one day a week to the project
5. You must have interest in curatorship and some previous curatorial experience
6. You must be under the age of 35
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUBMIT?
A proposal that focused on innovative work by young emerging artists. The proposal must include:
▪ what curatorial or artist concept you wish to explore
▪ how you intend to utilise the concept
▪ the format of the exhibition
▪ a short list of artists that you want to work with
▪ a detailed CV with at least 2 references
▪ a single A4-page typed motivation, including personal details and outlining reasons why you believe you deserve the award
▪ a copy of your ID
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
1. Mentorship from experienced curators
2. A hot desk at the Bag Factory Artists’ Studios
3. A monthly stipend for travel
4. A funded exhibition at the Bag Factory Artist Studios
Deadline for Applications: 28 September 2018.
Applications must be sent to; email@example.com
Subject line: ‘Curatorial Programme’
The Bag Factory would like to thank the Department of Arts and Culture for making this programme possible.