Open Call: Submit Work for the Bag Factory Artists’ Studios SUMMER SALON 2022
Following on from previous successes of the Bag Factory Artists’ Studios annual Summer Salon, the 2022 SUMMER SALON looks to provide an opportunity for emerging, mid-career and established artists to showcase and sell their work. The funds raised from these events will go towards supporting our vital work of investing in the long-term development of emerging artists, by providing time and space for experimentation, innovation, and critical dialogue.
The exhibition will take place at the Bag Factory Artists’ Studios from 17 September – 14 October 2022.
We are looking for artists who wish to participate in this rigorously curated selection of works by a wide range of established and exciting emerging artists. Submissions are welcome from all practicing contemporary visual artists.
If you are interested in participating, please send the following details with subject heading 2022 SUMMER SALON to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name, surname, and contact details
- High-res image of the work (1Mb or larger) which can be used for marketing and in the catalogue
- Artwork details: title, medium, size, year of completion
- Price (including Bag Factory’s 30% commission), excluding VAT
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will not be accepted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Sunday 21 August 2022 at 12:00am
Successful applicants will be informed by 31 August 2022
- All works, except sculptures and those on stretched canvas, must be framed by the artist at their own expense.
- All works should be ‘exhibition ready’ for hanging/display i.e. fitted with hanging hooks/string etc.
- Works must be priced under R 30 000 in value (including the Bag Factory’s 30% commission and VAT).
- Selected works must be delivered by the artist to the Bag Factory by no later than 08 September 2022.
- Unsold works must be collected by the artist from the Bag Factory by no later than 21 October 2022.
- Please note, the Bag Factory is not able to cover the costs of delivery and collection.