Open Call: Submit work for the 2020 Winter Salon: Are We There Yet?
The Bag Factory's 2020 WINTER SALON: Are We There Yet? looks to provide an opportunity for emerging artists to showcase and sell their work alongside the Bag Factory’s mid-career and established artists. The show's theme considers the labels applied to different stages of an artist's career and poses the questions: how does an artist know when they are 'there'? Where and what is this 'there', how long does it take to get 'there', and what does it mean for an artist's career to be classified as 'emerging', 'mid-career' or 'established'. We are looking for artists who wish to participate in this rigorously curated selection of works by a wide range of established and exciting emerging artists, in an attempt to break down the barriers and hierarchies between 'being there', 'not there' and 'not quite there yet'.
The exhibition dates have been postponed to take place at the Bag Factory from 28 May - 12 June 2020, however, due to the Covid-19 pandemic the dates may be postponed further or the exhibition may take place online if lockdown restrictions continue in South Africa.
If you are interested in participating, please send the following details with subject heading WINTER SALON to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name, surname and contact details
- High res image of the work (1Mb or larger)
- Title, medium, size, year of completion
- Price (including Bag Factory’s 30% commission)
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will not be accepted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS EXTENDED: Monday 28 April 2020, 10:00 am (SAST)
Successful applicants ONLY will be informed by 8 May 2020.
- All works, except sculptures and those on stretched canvas, must be framed by the artist
- Works must be priced under R 30 000 in value (including commission and VAT)
- Dates for delivery and collection of works will be confirmed at a later date