To celebrate the achievements and contributions of artist Dr David Koloane, one of the founders of the Bag Factory Artists’ Studios, we are calling for applications for the David Koloane Award.
This annual award will be granted to an emerging South African visual artist, and preference will be given to artists who use paint as a medium and who are from outlying areas and do not reside in major cities, such as Johannesburg and Cape Town.
About the award:
The award winner will receive an 8-week residency at the Bag Factory Artists’ Studios in downtown Johannesburg from the 16th July till 10th September 2018 which includes:
* A rent-free studio space at the Bag Factory to work amongst and learn from established visual artists like David Koloane, Pat Mautloa, Bev Butkow, Diana Hyslop, Usha Seejarim.
* A stipend will be provided for the two months for the artists to cover local travel and other basic living expenses.
* The Bag Factory will NOT provide accommodation nor will we be responsible for flights or travel from outside Johannesburg, or arrangements thereof.
* Open to applicants age at the of 18 – 35
* An additional contribution towards art materials
* Nominations will be assessed by the Bag Factory’s Programmes Selection Committee
How to apply:
Deadline for Applications: Friday 29 June 2018:
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
(with David Koloane Residency Award in the subject line)
For more info click here.